There’s a Tag going around the internet about “gym bag essentials” or by the tag name “what’s in my gym bag”, so today I’m going to share with you what’s in my gym bag, and some tips, on what should be in your gym bag! 🙂
First of all you need a good quality and spacey gym bag with lot’s of pockets, to put your jewelries, watch, phone, headset, ipod, shoe etc.
So let’s see what should be inside.
1. First of all you need your sports bra or sport top. It is important to have some nice, comfortable top, from some good material, so you can feel free to move. I’m obsessed with bright, happy colors, they are so cute. When I work out I like to wear some tank top, I don’t really care about the brand, just to be soft and comfortable, after all I go to the gym to work out, not to a fashion show or something.
2. Next important thing is you water bottle, or shaker. I got mine from BiotechUSA, and it can be used as a water bottle or as a shaker. Very important to drink water before, during and after your workout!!! Lots of it!
3. Make up wipes, are so important. If you go to the gym strait from work, with a full make up, these wipes can help you to get rid of the majority of it. It is so not good for your skin to work out and sweat with make up, it can clog your pores, and you end up with all kind of skin problems.
4. Snacks! After your workout, it is very important to snack on something till u get home. So some raw unsalted almonds, a banana or a protein shake or a protein bar are the best options.
5. A good cotton towel! Actually I have with me 3 of them, yes 3! One little one to wipe of the sweat, another one to put on the machines from the gym, and a big one that I use after shower! So cotton towels are a must!
6. Hair refresher! For me this is so important also. If I don’t have time to wash my hair, or if I washed before, I like to refresh my hair with this great little spray. You just spray it in your hair, comb it out and dry it. Smells like heaven. Sometimes I also use dry shampoo, that’s a good and fast alternative for liquid shampoo.
7. Argan oil (Moroccan oil) is the best beauty ingredient! You can use it on your hair, face or body. I usually apply this on my whole body after the shower when my skin is still a little wet. It makes my skin so soft and hydrated.
8. Deodorant! It is so important, but please girls, do not use some heavy smelling deodorant or perfume at the gym! Maybe other people don’t like it, especially if you are going to a group class, please stay away from strong heavy perfumes! I use this deodorant from Burjois Paris, smells so so good but discreet and helps prevent sweating.
9. Shower cream/gel. Usually gyms have their own shower gel, but it is better for you to bring one of your own, especially if you have sensitive skin, or if you don’t like certain smells. I use this Burjois shower gel, smells like heaven!
10. Hair ties are a must if you have long hair, like I do. You can’t work out with your hair in your face or on your neck, so bring with you some hair ties, hair slide and bobby pins.
11. After my shower when I’m dressed up, I like to use this wonderful smelling Victoria’s Secret body mist. Mine is called Pure Seduction….so do I have to tell you more about it? 🙂 I love this smell! Sometimes people tell me I always smell like candy and flowers, I don’t know if this is bad or good, but I like it J
12. Lip balm is also good to have with you. After your work out you can have your lips dried out, so use some good quality as natural as possible lip balm. Mine is in bloody orange… the best I ever used.
13. Bubble bath gel/ shower gel. When I go straight home from the gym, sometimes I like a relaxing bubble bath. This bubble bath gel I got from my girls from the gym, and I adore it. It is from Sefora and it smells like real chocolate! Do I have to say more? I don’t think so 🙂
14. The most important thing from a gym bag, are the shoes. I change my shoes often, but today I have my Adidas very comfortable shoes with me. A gym shoe has to be light, comfortable, good material, and of course in your favorite colour.
15. I always have with me my cell phone with head phones, so I can listen to the music when I’m working out, but also to prevent all stranger guys talking to you while you work out. This way you show them you are busy with your music, so probably they will go away….or not hahah.
16. I always have with me hand sanitizer. I know they have their own sanitizers but I always wash my hand and pure some of my own stuff.
17. For bottoms sometimes I wear running shorts, sometimes leggings, it depends on what kind of exercises I’m doing or what kind of class I teach. I don’t like to overheat, so I try to wear as minimal amount of close I can without revealing anything 🙂
So that’s it, these were my essentials; I hope you enjoyed it, and I could help you with some ideas if you are a beginner or new to the gym.
Have a wonderful day, see you very soon! :*