I have a little tip for you today, on how to make your own almond (peanut,cashew or any kind of nut) butter.
The ones from the stores are loaded with sugar, vegetable oil, salt and preservatives. You don’t need that stuff!!
It is so simple to make it, that you will be amazed! 🙂
How to do it:
- Silk your natural unsalted almonds (2-3 cups) overnight
- Place them in the food processor and start to process
- After 10 minutes it starts to stick to the side of your blender, so stop for a while and mix it with a spatula
- Process it again for about 10 more minutes, till it starts to be like a cream
- At the end you can add if you want a little honey, vanilla or cinnamon.
And here you go, your almond butter is ready. You can eat it with apple slices, you can make smoothies with bananas and almond butter, almond butter granola bars, flour less almond butter healthy cookies and so on.
Hey everybody, how are u today?
Lately I was travelling a little, so I wasn’t able to write…but now I am back with a very useful topic. What should we eat when we are travelling? It doesn’t matter if it’s a road trip or by plane, the point is we cannot eat our usual healthy cooked meals. People tend to crave junk food while travelling, so to avoid this I have some tips for you about what you should pack with you, to not to be tempted to eat those crackers, croissants, chocolate bars and sugary juices.
Traveling nowadays means waiting and waiting, and unfortunately this means we eat and drink. The reason we crave more those junk foods in the first place because of the stress that goes with travelling. The stress hormones fires up your body to crave those sugary high calorie foods. Just one Starbucks blueberry crumb cake and a coke (“just” 800 calories) and you are not even satisfied.
So here is your solution!
- Near your things you should pack a banana, which is full of fiber, potassium, vitamins and it satisfies your hunger and your sugar craving. Other option could be an apple or any kind of fresh fruit.
- Another good snack to pack with you are natural unsalted unroasted almonds. A pack of 40 gr is enough for you to not to feel hungry. Almonds are rich in proteins and healthy fats, so I can say it is a perfect snack.
- My third option is a protein bar, but please look for one that provides a minimum of 20 grams of protein and nor more than 20 gr. of carbs. My favorite is the Quest bar, is one of the less processed and contains the fewest ingredients on the market.
- The forth option in actually 30 gr of whey protein powder. You just buy a bottle of water and you shake it. Perfect if you feel hungry and thirsty as well.
- Other option could be a trail mix containing natural unsweetened nuts and dried fruits, but pay attention, those are really high in calories, so do not eat more than a handful.
- And the last but not the least on my list is water. Very important to drink a lot of water, especially when you are travelling by plane, and the air is so dry. Skip the diet drinks and sugar free “healthy” juices, water is your best friend 🙂
So these are my tips, hope I was helpful and hope you have a nice travel!
See you soon! :*
I have for you today a really healthy recipe that you can eat for lunch or dinner. It is a specific vegetarian dish very rich in proteins and it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs. You can prepare it very quickly and you don’t even need to be a master chef to have a big success with this recipe.
Here is what you need:
- Brown flour (1 tb. spoon)
- Sage (1 tea spoon, dried one)
How to prepare it
- Warm up the oil in a pan put, the sage in it for 1-2 minutes, to give a flavour for the oil.
- Put the pre floured seitan slices in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes than turn them and cook the other part too on low heat.
- After they are cooked add the white wine and cook for another 5 minutes or till u feel the the alcohol from the wine evaporated. Turn the seitan slices again to absorb the flavours.
- After the wine evaporated put one glass of vegetable broth. Cook it till the broth becomes a little creamy and at the end add the crushed almonds.
- Serve it with with boiled chickpeas and a fresh salad.
Have a good appetite and see you soon with other great recipes!
Today I have for you a very nutritious healthy and delicious recipe for those who love avocados.
The Guacamole is an avocado-based dip that originated from Mexico. You can also use it as a condiment or salad ingredient.
Here is what you need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in the cilantro, garlic and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
You can serve it with chopped vegetables like celery carrots, cherry tomatoes, but u can use it as a dip for tortilla chips too 🙂
¡Buen apetito! :*