Lately I was travelling a little, so I wasn’t able to write…but now I am back with a very useful topic. What should we eat when we are travelling? It doesn’t matter if it’s a road trip or by plane, the point is we cannot eat our usual healthy cooked meals. People tend to crave junk food while travelling, so to avoid this I have some tips for you about what you should pack with you, to not to be tempted to eat those crackers, croissants, chocolate bars and sugary juices.
Traveling nowadays means waiting and waiting, and unfortunately this means we eat and drink. The reason we crave more those junk foods in the first place because of the stress that goes with travelling. The stress hormones fires up your body to crave those sugary high calorie foods. Just one Starbucks blueberry crumb cake and a coke (“just” 800 calories) and you are not even satisfied.
So here is your solution!
- Near your things you should pack a banana, which is full of fiber, potassium, vitamins and it satisfies your hunger and your sugar craving. Other option could be an apple or any kind of fresh fruit.
- Another good snack to pack with you are natural unsalted unroasted almonds. A pack of 40 gr is enough for you to not to feel hungry. Almonds are rich in proteins and healthy fats, so I can say it is a perfect snack.
- My third option is a protein bar, but please look for one that provides a minimum of 20 grams of protein and nor more than 20 gr. of carbs. My favorite is the Quest bar, is one of the less processed and contains the fewest ingredients on the market.
- The forth option in actually 30 gr of whey protein powder. You just buy a bottle of water and you shake it. Perfect if you feel hungry and thirsty as well.
- Other option could be a trail mix containing natural unsweetened nuts and dried fruits, but pay attention, those are really high in calories, so do not eat more than a handful.
- And the last but not the least on my list is water. Very important to drink a lot of water, especially when you are travelling by plane, and the air is so dry. Skip the diet drinks and sugar free “healthy” juices, water is your best friend 🙂
So these are my tips, hope I was helpful and hope you have a nice travel!
See you soon! :*