As you can tell from the title of this article, I was for a little while in Barcelona (Spain). I have to tell you this city doesn’t just have gorgeous beaches, wonderful views and buildings, but the food there is absolutely amazing. In this article I will tell you about the best places to eat healthy and delicious food. Believe me we tried them all!
If you are planning a trip to Barcelona, you should be aware that time passes so fast, because of all the things you can do and visit, or just chill at a beach bar drinking some freshly made pina colada from fresh coconut milk and pineapple.
So let’s see which restaurants you should definitely try out if you are around.
1. The first place you need to visit is El Xalet de Montjuïc.This place is pure luxury because of its ambiance and fantastic views. The restaurant has a large panoramic terrace and a beautiful dining room from where the view is just spectacular. The dishes are mostly Mediterranean and Catalan, respecting the traditional flavours and fresh produce. I ate here a delicious appetizer: Hummus with crunchy vegetables, sesame seeds and crunchy king-prawns skewer. Than a Creamy rice with assorted mushrooms and we shared a delicious dessert called Lukewarm banana cake, foam of cheese and coconut, “toffee” syrup and a scoop of chocolate. Highly recommended 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montju%C3%AFc-El-Xalet/184997014849150?fref=ts
2. The second restaurant I recommend is Veg world India, a small Indian vegetarian restaurant. It’s not as luxurious as the first one, but the food is just amazing. If you are interested in eating healthy, tasty and spicy in a nice Indian ambiance, than you are in the perfect place. You must try the mango lassi drink, made of chilled full fat fresh curd/yoghurt, fresh chopped mango and a dash of ground cardamom. You also need to try the garlic or cheese nan and obviously some of their special indian dishes served with a delicious saffron rice. Their desserts are simple and fresh which is perfect after a spicy meal. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veg-World-India/119904694714707?fref=ts
3. The third place I recommend for you to visit is the WET pool and terrace. It’s a gorgeous and luxury place inside of the W hotel on the beach. This place is perfect to talk, sunbath and to eat and drink something delicious. We tried out some super tasty smoothies like the strawberry & banana, the mango & passion fruit but also some cocktails like the pineapple & ginger mojito. The food here really amazed us, we liked it so much, that the next day we went back and ordered the same things. I highly recommend the hot quinoa balls with a special spicy eggplant cream. We also ate some focaccia bread with 3 different kind of dips: guacamole, sour cream & cheddar cheese. Very highly recommended! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wet-Bar-W-Barcelona-Pool/220260974661567
4. The next restaurant you really need to try is the Wave. It’s also a luxurious place, with a great atmosphere and wonderful food. I really enjoyed this place, we tried out lots of great dishes and had a great night. From the starters menu I highly recommend the hummus and falafel with assorted vegetables, yoghurt, cucumber and lemon sauce. Served with pita bread. We also tried the strawberry gazpacho and the spinach ravioli with smoked vegetables sauce, pecorino cheese and tomato oil. And of course as I am on a vacation I like to try out new things, so I tried the delicious apple and cinnamon tatin, served with crumbled almonds and fresh cheese ice cream. Near the dinner we obviously drink sangria, the special Spanish drink. https://www.facebook.com/wbarcelonahotel
5. Another great place to eat if you really want something healthy and fast, Teresa Carles’s place is the best choice. They have so amazing fresh cold pressed juices, great appetizers, soups, main dishes and raw desserts. Yes it is like paradise. Everything is freshly made, you can choose between raw, raw vegan, vegan, gluten free or vegetarian. The waiters are super-fast, they take the orders fast and bring the food in no time. We actually came back to this place twice. We tried out a lots of food, so I leave you the online menu to decide for yourself. The vegan cheese and carrot cake though it was like heaven. http://www.teresacarles.com/tc/webroot/library/files/carta-oi14-15-eng.pdf
I could go on and on recommending nice and good restaurants where you can eat in Barcelona, because honestly there are lots of them, so I’ll stop here. If you want to stick to your diet and eat healthy you definitely can do that even if you are on a vacation.
I hope you enjoyed this article, see you very soon! 🙂