Hello my lovely readers!
I love sweets and cakes, but who doesn’t? Right? My job as a health and fitness trainer is to make these sweets we like so much, fit into our diet. Today I made one of my all time favorite desserts, a key lime cheese cake, the healthy version obviously. Has NO SUGAR, NO DAIRY, NO FLOUR, NO GLUTEN. It’s low in carbohydrates so it’s perfect for a low carb or ketogenic diet. But it also fits perfectly in a raw vegan diet too. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 5 tablespoons of melted coconut butter
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 cups of cashews (soak them over night)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup f coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- stevia or raw honey
For the crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process it until well combined
- Press the dough evenly into a pan and set aside.
For the filling:
- Using the food processor blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes
- Pour it on the crust gently
- Place the cheese cake in the freezer to set for about 2-3 hours
- Decorate it with lime zest and lime pieces.
I have an article today mostly for the girls, but the guys who are reading it, go and tell your girlfriends about it 🙂
Everybody knows what cellulite is and that studies say that it affects almost 90% of the women. So what can we do about it?
I have some tips for you, so check them out:
- My first tip for you girls is to drink lemon water first thing in the morning. Squeeze fresh lemon juice into some warm water and sip on it. The lemon water helps the blood to flow to your skin, and helping to carry waste out of the body. It will also help you strengthen your immune system thanks to the Vitamin C content of the lemons.
- Eat a clean and unprocessed diet! Lots of green vegetables, lean meat, eggs. I usually say eat what the nature gave us, products that do not come in a box. Eat everything freshly made!
- Drink a lot of water! This is one of the most important steps! You need to drink enough pure, clean water and herbal tea or freshly squeezed fruits and vegetables to keep toxins flushing through you. Water is essential to life and it is also essential to reducing and preventing cellulite. Stay away from sugary juices and alcohol!
- Work out and sweat! When you do sweaty exercise you are not only helping stress relief but you are also expelling toxins through your skin. As a personal trainer and fitness instructor I can’t say it enough the importance of exercise. Interval training is the best way to burn fat – short bursts of high intensity exercise are said to be much more effective than low intensity exercise for a longer period of time, because, according to the NHS, during the high-intensity phase ‘your body burns mainly carbs for energy, but during the recovery, your body burns mainly fat to produce the energy needed to help your body recover from the intense effort.’
- Dry brush your skin before showering. Dry brushing the skin helps by improving blood flow and circulation, and helping the body to release toxins through the skin
- You can also try coffee scrubs. As we all know coffee is invigorating! It is also stimulating for your skin, as it can improve blood flow when rubbed in. The best part is that a coffee scrub is incredibly simple to do and compliments the dry skin brush. Also a deep tissue massage can help a lot.
- Take some Omega-3. There is some evidence that consuming enough Omega-3 fatty acids and fat soluble vitamins will help reduce cellulite over time.
So these are my tips on how to get rid of cellulite. You can try some of them and let me know what you think.
Have a great day!
I know you are kinda in a shock when you read it “healthy pizza”! Like how can a pizza be healthy any way? Right?! Well I’m telling you it can be!
Check out the ingredients:
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1 bowl of cheese of your preference
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano
- Cook the cauliflower for 10 minutes
- Put it in a blender and just pulse once or twice. Don’t make a paste out of it!
- Pour the cheese on the cauliflower till it’s warm
- Mix the 4 eggs with the seasonings and mix everything together in a bowl, do not use the blender!
- Pour your batter into a non sticking pan and cook in the the oven for like 10 min
- After 10 minutes put your preferred topping on it, I used tomatoes, peppers and onion and a little bit of cheese.
- Cook it for another 5-6 minutes
Enjoy your healthy pizza! One pizza has around 4 gr of carbs!
I have a great snack for tonight, if you decide to stay in and watch some good movie, or have a chat with your friends. It’s still pumpkin season, so we have to take advantage of that, right?! 🙂
Today I tried something new, maybe you heard about it before, I’m talking about one of the secret ingredient of this recipe, the konjac flour. Konjac fiber is a starch from the root of the konjac plant. Is a pure soluble fiber with no protein, no fat, no sugar, no starch with. So it is perfect to use it in any diet
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup konjac flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (almond or rice milk)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- stevia or any kind of natural sweetener
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients
- In a a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Spoon into the muffin cups and fill almost to the top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brow and the tooth pick comes out clean
Enjoy! and have a great weekend! 🙂