Hello my lovely readers!
I love sweets and cakes, but who doesn’t? Right? My job as a health and fitness trainer is to make these sweets we like so much, fit into our diet. Today I made one of my all time favorite desserts, a key lime cheese cake, the healthy version obviously. Has NO SUGAR, NO DAIRY, NO FLOUR, NO GLUTEN. It’s low in carbohydrates so it’s perfect for a low carb or ketogenic diet. But it also fits perfectly in a raw vegan diet too. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 5 tablespoons of melted coconut butter
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 cups of cashews (soak them over night)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup f coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- stevia or raw honey
For the crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process it until well combined
- Press the dough evenly into a pan and set aside.
For the filling:
- Using the food processor blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes
- Pour it on the crust gently
- Place the cheese cake in the freezer to set for about 2-3 hours
- Decorate it with lime zest and lime pieces.