Today I want to talk about abs! Lots of you girls (and also guys) have been asking me constantly what’s the best exercise to get abs, what’s the best diet for a six pack abs, what are the tricks of getting abs are?
I’m telling you now, unfortunately there is no secret or magic pill to obtain that toned and muscular six pack look.
There are many things that you could be doing wrong and you don’t even know about it.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you are not seeing your abs!
1. Your body fat percentage
If you have a higher body fat % (over 18% girls, over 10% guys) might be the reason. You can have perfect abdominal muscles under the fat layer, but you will not be able to see it unless you decrease your body fat!
2. You think doing 100-150 ab crunches every day will give you abs
Sorry to spoil your dreams, but you can do as many crunches you can, if your body fat percentage is high, your abs can’t show!
3. Your diet!
If you think going to the gym and working out every day for hours will out balance your diet, you are wrong! Your diet has to be clean, meaning no processed foods, no fried foods, no sugars, no fast food! It’s a big misconception that people who work out every day can eat whatever they want and they maintain their abs!
4. You don’t get enough sleep
Rest is very important! If you don’t sleep enough, your body is in stress and it will not produce enough hormone called leptin (which helps you to feel full). You will feel hungry more often, and not feel full even after a meal.
5. You don’t drink enough water!
Water is essential for a healthy body! If you are not hydrated toxins build up in your system and nothing good will come out from that!
Here is what you should be doing!
1. If you want to get your body fat down, make sure to incorporate a solid dose of high intensity cardio and emphasize a healthy, LEAN diet. I train clients on a daily basis and the most efficient exercise that burns that body fat is HIIT training. You don’t have to do if for hours, a max of 15 minutes is enough, but you really have to push your limits!
2. You cannot lose body fat in specific areas of your body by training that body part more often. So doing crunches even 200 per day will not help you! The only way to strip the fat from your abs is by slowly and gradually burning it off from your entire body through cardio, nutrition, and resistance training.
3. The most effective action toward achieving those sculpted abs is to clean up your diet. When it comes to your abs, training Them every day will not help you. You need a smart meal plan to lower your body fat percentage and uncover your abs. Stay away from fatty, highly processed foods, which may keep you from your goal of a flat stomach. Instead consume good fats from foods such as fish, nuts, seeds and avocados in.
4. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night! Make it easier on yourself by staying away from caffeine late at night and turning off all electronic devices (such a your phone, TV, laptop) a few hours before bed. Drinking a cup of herbal tea, such as chamomile, can also help you to sleep better!
5. Is the best to drink at least 16 ounces of chilled water as soon as you wake up in the morning. German scientists recently found that doing this boosts metabolism by 24 percent for 90 minutes afterward. (A smaller amount of water had no effect.) What’s more, a previous study determined that muscle cells grow faster when they’re well hydrated. Are you convinced?
Remember! Achieving nicely sculpted abs will not happen over night. Trust the journey, keep your diet clean and exercise regularly.