This post will be different from my previous writings. This one is not about healthy recipes or workout tips, this one is my personal experience.
I will tell you some tips which helped me to get back in my pre baby shape in 3 months after giving birth.
It’s important to know that you should never compare yourself to me or anybody else. Everybody is different and the only person you should be competing with is yourself.
Keep in mind: everybody’s progress is different, give your body the time it needs.
If you just had a baby, give yourself some time: Immediately after giving birth to a baby is not always the best time to try and lose the baby weight. The body needs to return to pre-pregnancy hormone levels, blood volume levels and water levels. This can take up to 12 weeks and needs to be taken into consideration before restricting calories and exercising to lose weight after baby.
Here are my tips:
- First thing in the morning: Start your day with a cup of warm water and lemon. This detox trick will help give your system a little break and improve digestion (which promotes weight loss!)Drink a lot of water! If you wait to drink until you’re thirsty, it’s too late, you’re already dehydrated.
Did you know that you can lose weight drinking water? Drinking water to lose weight is one of the easiest things you can do to support your weight loss efforts. Studies have shown that drinking water raises your metabolism, and improves your fat burning rate.
If you find yourself snacking more often try drinking a large glass of water instead of snacking. You can lose weight drinking water because it will fill you up and ward off those snack cravings.
- Another important step is to eat a high protein/ high fat breakfast. Leave the carbs form later. You do not need the insulin spike from sugars and starchy carbs on empty stomach first thing in the morning. The best time for your carbs in around your workout, before or ideally after. Eating a high protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day
- Nutrition is the key to loose weight, having a clean diet without added sugars (sugary juices, fast foods, deep fried foods, breads, pasta, cakes) is a must!
Choose weight loss friendly foods like: eggs, leafy greens, avocados, nuts, chia seeds, coconut oil, fish, beans and legumes, lean beef and chicken breast. And very important eat your food slowly!
- Move as much as possible! If your body is not ready for a workout, at least try walking, walk everywhere possible! Jogging or biking is also a very good way to start.
If you feel strong enough, you can start doing interval training, which in my opinion is the best fat burning workout. When you alternate between periods of high-intensity exercises (like burpees, squat jumps, or straight-up sprints) and short recovery periods, you burn body fat more efficiently during and after the actual workout session. A 10-15 min interval workout is more than enough!
- Lift weights! Lifting your body weight, alone, can give you a killer workout, but strength-training with weights can help you build lean muscle that your body burns calories to maintain.
Well these would be the most important tips that helped me get back in shape, and I tell you the truth I never eat 100% clean or exercise daily, but I do my best. On the days I don’t workout, I eat less carbs and higher fat and protein. Sleeping and a life with less stress is also key to health and wellness. As a new mom unfortunately my sleeping is not the best, but my baby needs me and I’m there for him!
I hope my tips will help you out and motivate you 🙂
Have a great day!