Hello my readers!
Today I have for you a quick and very nutritious breakfast/ brunch recipe.
If you are an avocado fan, than this recipe is definitely for you! These avocado cups are very easy to make, you can pop them in the oven while you shower. The healthy fats and protein from the eggs gives you long lasting energy and the creaminess of the avocado is so great with egg.
You can top it with whatever you like, cheese, cherry tomatoes, pesto or olives. I topped them with some Roquefort cheese and green onions, and I have to tell you, they turned out fabulous!
Here is what you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Topping as you wish: green onion, cheese, dried tomatoes or some hot salsa, just be creative!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. Put avocados open side up in a baking dish. If they are small avocados, scoop out a little to make more room.
- Crack an egg in each avocado half and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are done
- Top with desired toppings while still hot and enjoy!
Hope you will try it out and come back and thank me for it 🙂
Have a wonderful day! :*
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, no doubt about it. I know this sound like a cliché, but I’m sure you’ll agree with me once you read what an impact it can have on your everyday life.
So let’s see why is breakfast so important?
- When you wake up your blood sugar levels are low, and you don’t have any energy. Eating something will give you the energy to carry out your tasks during the day.
- Having some breakfast will start up your metabolism and you’ll burn more calories during the day.
- When you are asleep, your metabolism slows down, and you need something in your stomach to wake it up.
- If you are not eating in the morning, for sure you will over eat during the day.
The benefits of eating breakfast:
- Eating a breakfast that’s high in fibre and carbohydrates could help you feel less tired throughout the day
- The best formula is to eat a balanced blend of good carbs, proteins, and fats in the morning. In fact this is the best general plan for all meals.
- Starting your day with a good breakfast boosts your energy and increases your attention; also you’ll be in better control of your emotions.
Here are your best options:
- Greek yogurt With Berries And Nuts – It’s so simple and delicious: You will need a Greek yogurt, berries with some cashews or almonds. This combination gives the perfect amount of protein, carbs and good fats you need to be fuller longer.
- Scrambled Eggs With Spinach – scrambled eggs with spinach, or egg whites, with a few strips of turkey bacon it can be another perfect option.
- Oatmeal with fruits – you will need some oats, almonds, raisins, cinnamon, a little bit of honey and some kind of fruit like bananas, blueberries or apples, it’s your choice. It will keep you full till lunch time.
- Banana pancakes – they are so delicious and filling, and so easy to make. I think this is my all time favourite. You will need 2 whole eggs, a banana, 1 table spoon of creamy peanut butter and some cinnamon, if you like it very sweet you can add a little bit of honey but I think bananas are sufficiently sweet.
- Fried egg with multi-grain toast, avocados, goat cheese, and salmon is another very healthy and filling breakfast. You can add some fresh salad by your choice tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, cucumber.
1. Between the hours of 7-11 the body is doing the heaviest detoxification, so eating fruits (especially on empty stomach) ensures energy which is used for detoxification rather wasted on digesting heavy fatty foods.
2. If you eat enough fruits in the morning you will not require coffee as the natural fruit sugars keep the brain sharp and energized.
3. The fruit fiber cleans the colon, leaving you feeling light, refreshed and ready to go.
4. People who eat only fruits for breakfast have been shown to be leaner, healthier and more productive during their day.
5. Fruits in general are full of vitamins and antioxidants. They contain more vitamin C than any other regularly consumed breakfast food. Certain fruits like apples, oranges, and bananas have unique anti microbial compounds. All of these boost immunity and protect cells from free radical damage.
So give it a try, eat your fruits first thing in the morning and see the changes and benefits!
Have a nice day!