Hello my dears!
Fall is definitely here, low temperatures, leaves on the ground, lots of rain, yeah i know its a cliche but this is what it is.
So if its fall that mean everything pumpkin: pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin doughnuts and obviously pumpkin soup.
Today I made the best pumpkin soup ever, so here is the recipe:
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1.5 kg (3 pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 litre water
- 400ml (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass and coriander roots and stalks. Cook until the stalks become soft before adding the pumpkin.
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add most of the chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves reserving some to garnish the soup.
- Return to a clean saucepan and add the coconut milk. Serve with shaved coconut, the remaining coriander (cilantro) leaves and chili.
Here you go, is this simple!
Today I have for you a super easy and delicious italian dish. If you are going to visit italy soon, definitely try them, if not, you can make it at home.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 tablespoon of black olives
- grated parmesan cheese
- a clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Cut the peppers in small pieces, put some olive oil in the pan and start to grill them on low heat with the garlic. After 10 minutes put some water on them and let them boil till they get soft. When they are ready put some salt and pepper and a little virgin olive oil. Mix in the halved olives and the capers. Put them back on the fireplace for another-5 minutes. At the end add some grated parmesan cheese…and your dish is ready.
You can serve it with any kind of fish or cheese, or just eat is simply like this.
Have a good appetite! :*
Here I have for you one of my favourite go to breakfast. The lovely 2 ingredient pancakes.
You just need a banana and 2 eggs. Mix them, well and fry them in a pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
You can top it with raspberries and coconut flakes as I did, but you can use natural peanuts butter, cinnamon, walnuts or any other fruits.
Enjoy and have a great day! :*
I have for you today a really healthy recipe that you can eat for lunch or dinner. It is a specific vegetarian dish very rich in proteins and it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs. You can prepare it very quickly and you don’t even need to be a master chef to have a big success with this recipe.
Here is what you need:
- Brown flour (1 tb. spoon)
- Sage (1 tea spoon, dried one)
How to prepare it
- Warm up the oil in a pan put, the sage in it for 1-2 minutes, to give a flavour for the oil.
- Put the pre floured seitan slices in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes than turn them and cook the other part too on low heat.
- After they are cooked add the white wine and cook for another 5 minutes or till u feel the the alcohol from the wine evaporated. Turn the seitan slices again to absorb the flavours.
- After the wine evaporated put one glass of vegetable broth. Cook it till the broth becomes a little creamy and at the end add the crushed almonds.
- Serve it with with boiled chickpeas and a fresh salad.
Have a good appetite and see you soon with other great recipes!