Hello my dears!
Fall is definitely here, low temperatures, leaves on the ground, lots of rain, yeah i know its a cliche but this is what it is.
So if its fall that mean everything pumpkin: pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin doughnuts and obviously pumpkin soup.
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1.5 kg (3 pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 litre water
- 400ml (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass and coriander roots and stalks. Cook until the stalks become soft before adding the pumpkin.
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add most of the chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves reserving some to garnish the soup.
- Return to a clean saucepan and add the coconut milk. Serve with shaved coconut, the remaining coriander (cilantro) leaves and chili.
Here you go, is this simple!