I know you are kinda in a shock when you read it “healthy pizza”! Like how can a pizza be healthy any way? Right?! Well I’m telling you it can be!
Check out the ingredients:
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1 bowl of cheese of your preference
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano
- Cook the cauliflower for 10 minutes
- Put it in a blender and just pulse once or twice. Don’t make a paste out of it!
- Pour the cheese on the cauliflower till it’s warm
- Mix the 4 eggs with the seasonings and mix everything together in a bowl, do not use the blender!
- Pour your batter into a non sticking pan and cook in the the oven for like 10 min
- After 10 minutes put your preferred topping on it, I used tomatoes, peppers and onion and a little bit of cheese.
- Cook it for another 5-6 minutes
Enjoy your healthy pizza! One pizza has around 4 gr of carbs!
Today I have for you a recipe that is so full of flavour and freshness that it will take your breath away! It’s actually a delicious Italian recipe, that I “stole” from a friend of mine. As you know me Italian cuisine is my favourite, full of flavour and taste, and when I talk about Italian cuisine I do not mean spaghetti Bolognese and meatballs!
This dish is actually completely vegetarian, but don’t be scared it will satisfy your hunger and taste for something special in no time!
So let’s get started!
1 eggplant, sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
2 + 1/2 teaspoons Italian herb mix
2 tsp olive oil for brushing
toppings as needed
1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella
Slice the eggplant and sprinkle with some salt on each side. Set aside for thirty minutes, then rinse and pat dry. This will take some of the bitterness out of the eggplant, especially if you’re using a larger/older fruit.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Brush each side of the eggplant slices with olive oil, then sprinkle both sides 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Place the eggplants on a cooling rack that’s on a baking sheet, and bake until they are softened and a little brown, about six minutes
Meanwhile, let’s make the sauce. Finely chop or crush the garlic and add to the heated oil. Stir often, don’t let the garlic burn. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian herb mix and the oregano. Stir to toast the herbs. Add in the tomatoes and stir to combine. Keep on low heat and cook until needed.
When the eggplant comes out of the oven, top each slice with a generous amount of sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top of each slice. I’m sure you know how to make pizza! 🙂
Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another five minutes, until the cheese is melted. And that’s it!!!!
It’s addictive! So delicious you can’t stop eating!
Don’t say I haven’t warned you! :)))