Long time no see … I know, life just gets so busy, having a toddler takes up all my time and I wouldn’t want it any other way! But I still try to blog or create recipes any time I have the occasion.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so here is a very flattering but also super easy to make recipe to surprise your loved one.
1. 1 cup cacao butter
2. 1 cup coconut butter
3. 3 tbsp of maple syrup or low carb sweetener
4. Freeze dried strawberries
1. Add cacao butter and coconut butter to a cup over a sauce pan of boiling water.
Stir the two ingredients until all is melted but do not allow water to splash into cup.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, taste-test for sweetness, and pour mixture into molds.
3. Freeze for 1 hour or more until solid.
4. Decorate it with freeze dried strawberries
5. Store in refrigerator or freezer
I experimented with a vegan banana bread, because my baby seems to be allergic to eggs 😦
It came out very delicious, so I encourage you to try it!
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl mix together the coconut milk, coco coconut oil, vanilla extract and the ground flaxseed
- add the oat flour, salt and baking powder
- Mash the bananas and stir in
- When all is well combined add the blueberries
- Scoop the batter into a baking dish with parchment paper and cook it for an hour and 15 min at 375 F or until golden brown
I was experimenting on this recipe for a while. The “real” sugar-bomb tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts, but I eat it only on occasions or vacations.
Good news is I came up with a recipe that is very similar to the “real” thing but it has no sugar, it’s gluten free and very low in carbs.
Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup sweetener (swerve)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 325 F
- Combine the sweetener, eggs and the vanilla extract and mix it all together with a hand mixer
- Add the cocoa powder, the coconut flour and the pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds than add the butter mix it all up and microwave till it’s all soft
- Slowly add it to the egg mixture
- Pour it into a greased 8×8 pan
- Bake it for 45-50 min
After the cake is done, let it cool and start making the mascarpone filling.
Mascarpone filling ingredients:
- 2 egg, yolks and white separated
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz (250 g) mascarpone
- 1 cup espresso coffee, not too strong
- Few drops of rom aroma (you can skip it)
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Beat the egg yolks and sweetener in a stand mixer till it has a light yellow color, around 8-10 minuets
- Add vanilla and mascarpone, beat until just combined
- In a clean bowl beat egg whites until stiff
- Gradually fold the egg withes into the yolk mixture
- Mix the coffee and rom aroma
- Cut the cake horizontally and dip it in the coffee
- Spread over half of the mascarpone cream
- Top it with the second coffee dipped cake layer
- Spread with remaining cream
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hrs
- Dust with cocoa powder, before serving
- Enjoy and you are very welcome!
Here is our dinner for tonight, try it out!
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 3/4 cup minced mushroom
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers
- 2 eggs
- Sauté the onions for 6-8 minutes
- Add the diced mushrooms and bell pepper
- Add the spinach
- Season it with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder
- Heat the oven at 350 Fahrenheit
- Spray some olive oil on the mushrooms and some salt, and stuff it with the sautéed vegetables
- Crack an egg on top and bake it for 20 minutes
This a very low carb and very filling recipe!
Have a great evening!
You want a quick, healthy, nutritious and delicious breakfast? Here you go! Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup raspberries
- Coconut flakes
- Add the stevia and the vanilla extract to your almond milk
- Add the chia seeds to the almond milk
- Stir it slowly and let it sit for 5-10 min
- Meanwhile mash the raspberries
- Add the mashed raspberries in a jar
- Pour the chia pudding in the jar
- Decorate it with coconut flakes, almonds and fruits
Here is a quick breakfast recipe, that is healthy, fast and delicious, and did i mention low carb?! 🙂
Even if you are in a super us in the morning these pancakes can be made in about 10 minutes.
Here are the ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- few drops of stevia
- Mix all ingredients in a blender
- Fry them in a little bit of coconut oil, use non sticking frying pan
- Decorate them with some blueberries and pecan nuts
Look what I just made. Yes you guessed it, it’s pancake. I really love pancakes, but this one is adorable. I would eat almost everything that has a heart shape, well…..almost :))
It’s a very simple recipe, but I tell you it is delicious, healthy, low calorie, low fat, and it doesn’t contain flour or milk.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 2 banana
- 1 tbs of shredded coconut
- 1ts of cinnamon
And that’s it. You can add some honey or any kind of natural sweetener if you like, but the bananas are sweet enough, so it’s your choice. Just mix the ingredients in a blender and fry them on a low heat. I have a great non sticky pan that doesn’t need any oil for cooking, but you can add 1 tbs of coconut oil.
I told you it’s easy 🙂
Good appetite! Enjoy your pancakes!
Have a pleasant day! :*