When I crave sweets, I make them myself!
Yesterday while my 2 month old baby was napping, I thought I should make something delicious, fresh and fast, cause baby can wake up any minute….so I created this magic
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup monk fruit extract sweetener or any other sweetener of your choice
Ingredients for the blueberry layer:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbs monk fruit sweetener
Ingredients for the lemon layer:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- First we prepare the crust by mixing all the ingredients
- press the mixture in a cake dish and put it in the freezer
- meanwhile we prepare the blueberry layer
- In a blender mix all ingredients and pour it on the top of the crust
- Put it back in the freezer while we prepare the lemon layer
- Same thing, blend all ingredients and pour it on the top of the blueberry layer
- Let it chill for 2 hrs
- Decorate it with some frozen blueberries and Enjoy!!!
Hello everybody and happy national donut day!
Sorry for disappearing again, but raising a tiny human takes a lot of time, attention and love.
I’m back today with a very delicious triple chocolate donut recipe. You can eat these totally guilt free, they are very similar to the “real” thing but better 🙂
Here is the recipe
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup monk fruit extract sweetener (or any other sweetener)
5 jumbo eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the coconut flour, flax, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sweetener in one bowl until well combined. In another bowl beat the eggs with the coconut oil and then mix in the dry ingredients. Pour into a donut pan and bake for 20 minutes.
2 tbs coconut manna, few drops of stevia extract, 1 tbs of cocoa powder, little bit of hot water. Mix them all together and dip the donuts in it. Sprinkle raw cocoa nibs on top and enjoy!
What a beautiful day for a dessert right?
But a healthy one!
Today I made this super delicious quinoa apple pie kinda dessert, I call it apple pie bc it really tastes like that.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup cut up dates
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener ( or any other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish
- In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
- Sprinkle the apple and dates on top of the quinoa.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the almond milk and sweetener.
- Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir it
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top
- Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- And enjoy! Perfect for breakfast or dessert
I have a new diet recipe again for you! Probably you read about the benefits of coconut oil, if not you should! Besides all the benefits cooking with it, it’s amazing!
Theese fat bombs main ingredient is coconut oil, you would have not guessed it right? They contain zero carbohydrates, so being on a low carb or ketogenic diet, this is best you can ever have.
Ingredients for the chocolate layer:
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 scoops of powdered stevia (or any kind of sweetener)
- 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
Ingredients for the coconut layer
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of coconut butter (or coconut manna)
- 2 scoops of powder stevia
- few drops of lemon or lime juice
- Melt the coconut oil, add all ingredients for the chocolate layer
- Pour the mixture into cupcake molds
- place them in the freezer
- meanwhile we prepare the coconut layer
- in the melted coconut oil add the coconut butter, sweetener and lime juice
- mix it well, till the coconut butter becomes creamy
- when the chocolate layer is already solid, pour the coconut layer on it and put it back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes
As I said before, these days I make more desserts than food, but these desserts can’t be compared to the desserts we are used to. They have no sugar no processed ingredients or flour, food coloring or anything you cannot pronounce.
These recipes are 100% made out of natural ingredients, usually not more than 5.
They fit perfectly in any kind of diet. These days people fallow all kinds of diets like the low carbohydrate diet, the ketogenic diet, also paleo diet is very popular, not to mention vegan and raw vegan.
So here are the ingredients:
- 2 tbsp of sweetener (I used monk fruit extract)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- coconut flakes
- hemp hearts
- cocoa powder
- Mix the 2 tbsp of sweetener with the 2 tbsp of water
- add the almond extract and the vanilla extract
- add the 2 cups of almond flour
- mix them well
- form little balls
- roll them in the toppings you prefer (coconut, cacao, chocolate, hemp hearts, chia seeds)
Place them in the fridge for 1 hr, but you can serve them immediately too.
Here is the video of how to make them step by step!
As I wrote in my previous blog post, I’m in a dessert making mood, so the recipes of desserts continue 🙂
The day before I made the most simple dessert ever. It can be made in 5 minutes, just a few ingredients, no baking, no frying.
This dessert can be consumed by everybody who is on a vegan/Keto/paleo/gluten free/sugar free/ low carb diet!
- 1 avocdo
- liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp vanilia extract
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of full fat coconut milk
- Mix all ingredients in a blender
- Pour the chocolate mousse in a glass
- decorate them with fruits, nuts
Here you can see the video, how I made it step by step!
Have a great weekend!
Hello my dears!
I am in a dessert making mood, that’s why I post dessert recipes one after the other 🙂
Today I made this heavenly parfait from 3 ingredients. It’s is super healthy, nutritious and very filling!
Pay attention to your portion sizes! One glass on this dessert is one portion! Eve if it’s a healthy dessert, if you over do it, it can be too much!
Here is the recipe:
- 2cups of cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1 lime juice
- roasted nuts
- Soak the cashews for 2 hrs minimum
- Blend the cashews in a high power mixer with the stevia and lime juice and a little bit of almond milk if needed
- Caramelise your preferred nuts with stevia and cinnamon
- When your cashew nuts became as a nice paste separate it in two
- mix the strawberries with one part of the cashew cream
- Layer your glass wit nuts, lime cashew cream, nuts, strawberry cashew cream
- You are done!