Hey everybody, how are u today?
Lately I was travelling a little, so I wasn’t able to write…but now I am back with a very useful topic. What should we eat when we are travelling? It doesn’t matter if it’s a road trip or by plane, the point is we cannot eat our usual healthy cooked meals. People tend to crave junk food while travelling, so to avoid this I have some tips for you about what you should pack with you, to not to be tempted to eat those crackers, croissants, chocolate bars and sugary juices.
Traveling nowadays means waiting and waiting, and unfortunately this means we eat and drink. The reason we crave more those junk foods in the first place because of the stress that goes with travelling. The stress hormones fires up your body to crave those sugary high calorie foods. Just one Starbucks blueberry crumb cake and a coke (“just” 800 calories) and you are not even satisfied.
So here is your solution!
- Near your things you should pack a banana, which is full of fiber, potassium, vitamins and it satisfies your hunger and your sugar craving. Other option could be an apple or any kind of fresh fruit.
- Another good snack to pack with you are natural unsalted unroasted almonds. A pack of 40 gr is enough for you to not to feel hungry. Almonds are rich in proteins and healthy fats, so I can say it is a perfect snack.
- My third option is a protein bar, but please look for one that provides a minimum of 20 grams of protein and nor more than 20 gr. of carbs. My favorite is the Quest bar, is one of the less processed and contains the fewest ingredients on the market.
- The forth option in actually 30 gr of whey protein powder. You just buy a bottle of water and you shake it. Perfect if you feel hungry and thirsty as well.
- Other option could be a trail mix containing natural unsweetened nuts and dried fruits, but pay attention, those are really high in calories, so do not eat more than a handful.
- And the last but not the least on my list is water. Very important to drink a lot of water, especially when you are travelling by plane, and the air is so dry. Skip the diet drinks and sugar free “healthy” juices, water is your best friend 🙂
So these are my tips, hope I was helpful and hope you have a nice travel!
See you soon! :*
Today I have for you a very nutritious healthy and delicious recipe for those who love avocados.
The Guacamole is an avocado-based dip that originated from Mexico. You can also use it as a condiment or salad ingredient.
Here is what you need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in the cilantro, garlic and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
You can serve it with chopped vegetables like celery carrots, cherry tomatoes, but u can use it as a dip for tortilla chips too 🙂
¡Buen apetito! :*
How are you today? For me this weekend is about relaxing and staying inside. Outside is starting to be cold, I think winter is officially here.
At this time of the year, with the holidays and vacations everybody is tempted to eat more, drink more.
So today I have for you a list of some simple and effective tips on how to lose weight or how not to gain weight 🙂
Here is the list:
- Low fat foods aren’t guaranteed to make you lose weight – you also have to look at the total number of calories you consume over the course of a day.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Eating a meal first thing means consuming 5% fewer calories throughout the day, American researchers have found.
- Eat goat’s cheese instead of regular cheese. It contains 40 per cent fewer calories than the cheese made from cow’s milk.
- Don’t confuse thirst and hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel cravings.
- If you decide to eat nuts for a snack, then you should select nuts in their shells, including walnuts and peanuts. It will take a longer time to peel off the shells, this will lead to less food consumption.
- Eat muesli two hours before working out to boost fat burning while you train. Slow to digest, muesli takes longer to get through your system, so is less likely to be turned into fat and still gives you a good energy boost.
- Chew gum. Sometimes just chewing something with negligible calories in it is all it takes. If you can handle it, chew a piece of gum for one hour. Remember to opt for the sugar-free variety.
- On nutritional labels, look for words such as fruit juice concentrate, honey, golden syrup, sucrose, glucose, dextrose, palm sugar, maltose and corn syrup. Why? They’re all forms of sugar.
- Find exercise that you enjoy doing. If you don’t like it, you won’t stick with it.
- Do not eat three large meals every day. You can easily take in too many calories, resulting in more difficult weight loss. Eat five or six small meals instead
- Chewing your food thoroughly will not only make digestion easier, but will allow your body time to recognize when it is actually full, this preventing overeating.
- Getting up and away from your desk at work for five minutes every hour will burn 200 calories a day!
- Do not skip meals. Your body will revert to starvation mode and store even the tiniest amount of fat content in what you subsequently eat, causing you to slow down your metabolism and put on weight
- Start eating chili pepper sauce. These spicy peppers are highly flavourful, and they also give your metabolism a jump-start. As a result, your body will be able to burn more calories. Chili pepper can be used on many foods, including poultry dishes and eggs.
- Workout while you are on the phone. Do not sit down when you are having a phone conversation; walk around when doing it. Just get your body moving, and you’d be surprised at how much those calories will add up.
What do you think of these tips? are they helping you? I think yes 🙂
Comment down below.
Have a great day! :*
Today I have for you a great detox drink, that is not just healthy and refreshing but it tastes amazing!
Detoxing with various beverages is a great way to help give your body the nutrients it’s really craving, and can give your digestive system a break from having to break down and digest food. The liver is the most important detoxifying organ in the body, so it only makes sense to drink fruits and vegetables to help it function at its best.
Here one of my favourite detox drink recipes that can be incorporated into any detox program you’re following, or just enjoyed for their health benefits.
I juiced together:
- 2 carrots
- half on orange
- half an apple
- 1 pomegranate
- a piece of beetroot
- a little piece of celery
- a little piece of ginger
And that’s it! 🙂
It is important to drink these kind of drinks first thing in the morning on an empty stomach!
Have a nice day everybody, enjoy your drinks!