I have a little tip for you today, on how to make your own almond (peanut,cashew or any kind of nut) butter.
The ones from the stores are loaded with sugar, vegetable oil, salt and preservatives. You don’t need that stuff!!
It is so simple to make it, that you will be amazed! 🙂
How to do it:
- Silk your natural unsalted almonds (2-3 cups) overnight
- Place them in the food processor and start to process
- After 10 minutes it starts to stick to the side of your blender, so stop for a while and mix it with a spatula
- Process it again for about 10 more minutes, till it starts to be like a cream
- At the end you can add if you want a little honey, vanilla or cinnamon.
And here you go, your almond butter is ready. You can eat it with apple slices, you can make smoothies with bananas and almond butter, almond butter granola bars, flour less almond butter healthy cookies and so on.
Today I have for you a very nutritious healthy and delicious recipe for those who love avocados.
The Guacamole is an avocado-based dip that originated from Mexico. You can also use it as a condiment or salad ingredient.
Here is what you need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in the cilantro, garlic and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
You can serve it with chopped vegetables like celery carrots, cherry tomatoes, but u can use it as a dip for tortilla chips too 🙂
¡Buen apetito! :*
Hello my readers!
Today I have for you a quick and very nutritious breakfast/ brunch recipe.
If you are an avocado fan, than this recipe is definitely for you! These avocado cups are very easy to make, you can pop them in the oven while you shower. The healthy fats and protein from the eggs gives you long lasting energy and the creaminess of the avocado is so great with egg.
You can top it with whatever you like, cheese, cherry tomatoes, pesto or olives. I topped them with some Roquefort cheese and green onions, and I have to tell you, they turned out fabulous!
Here is what you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Topping as you wish: green onion, cheese, dried tomatoes or some hot salsa, just be creative!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. Put avocados open side up in a baking dish. If they are small avocados, scoop out a little to make more room.
- Crack an egg in each avocado half and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are done
- Top with desired toppings while still hot and enjoy!
Hope you will try it out and come back and thank me for it 🙂
Have a wonderful day! :*
A TASTY OMEGA 3 fatty acids bomb!
Smoked salmon with sesame seeds, parsley, lime juice and olive oil.
(in the pic it is served with fresh radish)
SOMETHING ABOUT OMEGA 3 FATS
Why i should eat fats? Aren’t they bad? No, not all the fats are bad; fats can be “good” (unsaturated fats) or “bad” (saturated fats).
Omega3’s are “essential” fatty acid, because they are necessary for you body health and they must be included in your daily diet.
What do they do for us? Why should i eat them?
They are very healthy because:
- helps to reduce plaque build up and blood clots in arteries that bring blood to the brain
- keep low the bad cholesterol level
- keep high the body’s calcium levels, reducing the incidence of bone loss
- help you to be happy and smart! Nerve cells communicate better if you have good levels of omega 3. People who are deficient in omega 3’s may suffer from depression
- are good for your skin, alleviating symptoms like acne and psoriasis.
- help your heart, keeping the arteries clean
- reduce the pain associated with menstruation
- help to prevent colon, breast, and prostate cancers. All these kind of cancers have been connected with low levels of omega-3’s.
Hope you find here some good information, and try my salmon recipe too.
Have a nice day everybody! :*