I’m very sorry that I disappeared again, we traveled a lot this summer, plus having a baby doesn’t make things easier. I promise I try to be better at posting 😊
Today I have for you guys a delicious healthy brownie recipe. It’s sugar free, very tasty and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup of Swerve sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- Stir together the dry ingredients, the almond flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, sweetener
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Combine wet and dry ingredients
- Grease with coconut oil an 8″ square pan
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake the brownies for 35 min
- Let them cool for 20 min before cutting
Hello everyone! Happy New Years! I wish all the best for you in the new year and may all your wishes come true! Sorry for not writing earlier but those of you who are following me on my Facebook page know that I went on a longer and very nice vacation. First of all I visited my brother in England, the whole family was there for Christmas! It was a wonderful holiday! After Christmas I came in the United States in Miami for a little vacation. This post will be about what you should eat and drink while you are at the airport waiting for your flight or between flights or on a train and so on.
We know that everywhere we go we are surrounded by unhealthy food, fast food, chocolate bars, candies, sugary drinks and so on.
So I give you some suggestions what could you eat if you are hungry or if you just need a snack.
My options for healthy snacks:
- Kale chips and some freshly squeezed green juice. Kale chips are super healthy, usually all they have is kale and sea salt or some other herbs and spices. A green juice made out of spinach, kiwis, avocados, lime, celery are not sweet but also very nutritious.
- My second option for healthy snacking is nuts. Walnuts,cashews, macadamia nuts or any other bits you prefer. That are a clean and very satisfying snack. Pay attention on your portion sizes, it’s very easy to overeat them!
- Another great option for you is a natural protein bar made out of nuts, coconut and whey protein. They are portioned well so you cannot overeat it, they fill you up and taste super delicious.
- Another thing I love to snack on are raw broccoli bites and cheese bites. The cheese bites you can purchase at any Starbucks, the broccoli and any other health item you can find at whole foods market or any health store. They both taste amazing!
- You can also try these raw bites, any flavor is super delicious. The most important thing is to not to over eat them!
Now here are my options on small snacks/ mini meals you can take with you
- My personal favorites are boiled eggs with some spinach. So simple, healthy and delicious. My other favorite is hummus with carrots. Nicely packaged and portioned.
- You can always eat a salad at the airport if you have a little more time. Just make it simple with fresh ingredients and you are good to go.
- A protein shake what’s pre made can be useful when you are on a rush. They taste super good and it’s easy to travel with.
The drinks I recommend
- Coconut water in the. Umber one drink on my list. They taste amazing and gives you that natural energy boost. Another personal favorite is the kombucha tea. So healthy and so good for you. Besides these you can always opt for water or some herbal tea.
So these were my recommendations for you if you are traveling and you just have no idea what to eat to stay healthy and fit.
Have a wonderful day everybody and stay tuned for my Miami trip recommendations. 😉
If you are following me on Facebook, you could have noticed, some weeks ago I received a very nice present from Organic baby. They sent me some organic snack bars from a company named Organic Food Bar. Do I have to tell you they were absolutely delicious?! These bars compared to other snack bars are also organic, having only natural ingredients. I am very conscious about snack bars, because usually they are full of sugars, artificial flavors and lots of ingredients. These bars are mainly made of dried fruits, nuts and seeds.
My favorite one is the Omega 3 Flex bar, the ingredients for this bar: organic almond butter, organic dates, organic bio sprouts– flax, organic raisins, organic sesame seeds and Lots of Love as they say :). I usually eat these bars after or between my workouts and aerobic classes, but it is also perfect first thing in the morning or to eat them between meals as a snack. One bar has 70 grams, they contain 16 gr of fat, 31 gr of carbs, 8 gr of fiber and 11 gr of proteins. The taste is like heaven, sweet and you can clearly feel the taste of the almonds. You will feel super satisfied for like 1-2 hours after eating just one bar. I definitely can say I’m a big fan of these bars. Instead of eating all kind of protein bars with 50 ingredients and sugars, this definitely is a win.
Besides my favorite bar there are other 6 other variety of bars to choose from. The cinnamon raisin bar, chocolate coconut, Belgium chocolate chip, protein bar, cranberry bar. I tasted all of them and it was really hard to choose the best one because all of them are super delicious and nutritious.
You can order them by clicking on the bars names tags.
Try them out and let me know what you think.
Have a great day everybody! :*
Hey everybody, how are u today?
Lately I was travelling a little, so I wasn’t able to write…but now I am back with a very useful topic. What should we eat when we are travelling? It doesn’t matter if it’s a road trip or by plane, the point is we cannot eat our usual healthy cooked meals. People tend to crave junk food while travelling, so to avoid this I have some tips for you about what you should pack with you, to not to be tempted to eat those crackers, croissants, chocolate bars and sugary juices.
Traveling nowadays means waiting and waiting, and unfortunately this means we eat and drink. The reason we crave more those junk foods in the first place because of the stress that goes with travelling. The stress hormones fires up your body to crave those sugary high calorie foods. Just one Starbucks blueberry crumb cake and a coke (“just” 800 calories) and you are not even satisfied.
So here is your solution!
- Near your things you should pack a banana, which is full of fiber, potassium, vitamins and it satisfies your hunger and your sugar craving. Other option could be an apple or any kind of fresh fruit.
- Another good snack to pack with you are natural unsalted unroasted almonds. A pack of 40 gr is enough for you to not to feel hungry. Almonds are rich in proteins and healthy fats, so I can say it is a perfect snack.
- My third option is a protein bar, but please look for one that provides a minimum of 20 grams of protein and nor more than 20 gr. of carbs. My favorite is the Quest bar, is one of the less processed and contains the fewest ingredients on the market.
- The forth option in actually 30 gr of whey protein powder. You just buy a bottle of water and you shake it. Perfect if you feel hungry and thirsty as well.
- Other option could be a trail mix containing natural unsweetened nuts and dried fruits, but pay attention, those are really high in calories, so do not eat more than a handful.
- And the last but not the least on my list is water. Very important to drink a lot of water, especially when you are travelling by plane, and the air is so dry. Skip the diet drinks and sugar free “healthy” juices, water is your best friend 🙂
So these are my tips, hope I was helpful and hope you have a nice travel!
See you soon! :*