Today’s healthy dessert is this delicious healthy coconut chocolate cake.
If you love chocolate this recipe is perfect for you.
Ingredients for the crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetener (swerve)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
Ingredients for the coconut filling
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 5 tbs coconut butter melted
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetener
For the chocolate layer you just add 1/2 cup of raw cocoa powder after you are done with the first layer
- For the crust: In a food processor, process first the pecans than add the other ingredients
- Mix it till all ingredients are blended
- Press into a spring form cake tin and place in the fridge to set
- For the filling blend all ingredients (not the cocoa powder!!) till smooth and pour on top of the base
- Set it in the freezer till you make the chocolate layer
- Add the cocoa powder to the filling and place it on the top of the coconut layer
- Freeze it for 2 hrs and it’s ready to be served
- Decorate it with berries
P.s. place in the fridge before serving
Hello dessert lover friends!
I am discovering that almost any dessert or food can be made healthy if we try our best. I love desserts, so I really try my best to make a healthy version of my favorite ones. Today I have for you a dairy free and sugar free creme brûlée, and believe me, it’s as good as the calorie bomb version of it.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sweetener of your choice
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat version)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine only the coconut cream from the can, you do not need the liquid!
- Stir in the vanilla extract and heat the pan over medium until it just starts to simmer. Once simmering, take off of heat, and let it cool down completely
- Mix together the egg yolks and the sweetener using a hand mixer. Whisk until the yolks start to get a cream color
- While whisking, pour the coconut mixture into the egg mixture and stir it slowly.
- Place four small creme brûlée containers into a baking tray that is filled with hot water
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or so, the consistency has to be like a pudding
- When they are done, place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- If you wants the real thing, put 1 tbs of sweetener on the top and torch the top with a kitchen torch, till it’s golden, but you can skip this step and serv it instead with fruits and some fruit syrup