Hello everyone! Happy New Years! I wish all the best for you in the new year and may all your wishes come true! Sorry for not writing earlier but those of you who are following me on my Facebook page know that I went on a longer and very nice vacation. First of all I visited my brother in England, the whole family was there for Christmas! It was a wonderful holiday! After Christmas I came in the United States in Miami for a little vacation. This post will be about what you should eat and drink while you are at the airport waiting for your flight or between flights or on a train and so on.
We know that everywhere we go we are surrounded by unhealthy food, fast food, chocolate bars, candies, sugary drinks and so on.
So I give you some suggestions what could you eat if you are hungry or if you just need a snack.
My options for healthy snacks:
- Kale chips and some freshly squeezed green juice. Kale chips are super healthy, usually all they have is kale and sea salt or some other herbs and spices. A green juice made out of spinach, kiwis, avocados, lime, celery are not sweet but also very nutritious.
- My second option for healthy snacking is nuts. Walnuts,cashews, macadamia nuts or any other bits you prefer. That are a clean and very satisfying snack. Pay attention on your portion sizes, it’s very easy to overeat them!
- Another great option for you is a natural protein bar made out of nuts, coconut and whey protein. They are portioned well so you cannot overeat it, they fill you up and taste super delicious.
- Another thing I love to snack on are raw broccoli bites and cheese bites. The cheese bites you can purchase at any Starbucks, the broccoli and any other health item you can find at whole foods market or any health store. They both taste amazing!
- You can also try these raw bites, any flavor is super delicious. The most important thing is to not to over eat them!
Now here are my options on small snacks/ mini meals you can take with you
- My personal favorites are boiled eggs with some spinach. So simple, healthy and delicious. My other favorite is hummus with carrots. Nicely packaged and portioned.
- You can always eat a salad at the airport if you have a little more time. Just make it simple with fresh ingredients and you are good to go.
- A protein shake what’s pre made can be useful when you are on a rush. They taste super good and it’s easy to travel with.
The drinks I recommend
- Coconut water in the. Umber one drink on my list. They taste amazing and gives you that natural energy boost. Another personal favorite is the kombucha tea. So healthy and so good for you. Besides these you can always opt for water or some herbal tea.
So these were my recommendations for you if you are traveling and you just have no idea what to eat to stay healthy and fit.
Have a wonderful day everybody and stay tuned for my Miami trip recommendations. 😉