Happy New Years!
Looks like the first recipe on my blog this year is a dessert haha obviously! It’s not that I don’t cook other than desserts, but I think a healthy version of an old time favorite dessert worth more sharing.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (I used monk fruit extract)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
For the cinnamon layer:
- 3 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of sweetener
For the glaze:
- 3 tbsp coconut butter called coconut manna
- Few drops of stevia extract or sweetener
- 1-2 tbsp of hot water
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Like a square pan with parchment paper
- Mix all dry ingredients separately
- Mix all the wet ingredients: the almond milk, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Pour half of the batter into the pan
- Pour the cinnamon mixture on it, than cover it with the rest of the batter
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- When it’s done pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil on top of it and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon mixture on top of it
- While it’s cooling down make the glaze by mixing all ingredients very well
- Top it with the glaze when it’s completely cooled down!
- Enjoy and you are welcome 🙏🏻
Hello everybody! Donuts! Yes I know everybody loves them, and guess what, I have a recipe for you, that is not just contains healthy ingredients but it’s also low in carbohydrate, so people who are following a low carb or paleo diet, can easily and guilt free eat it. Here are the ingredients you need:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp stevia or sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cashew nuts soaked in water for 2 hrs
- Stevia or any kind of sweetener
- 3-4 tbs or coconut milk
- Lime juice or cocoa or just cinnamon, you can be creative here
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a stand mixer mix the first 5 ingredients until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk the rest of the ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixer until combined thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
Allow to cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze simply add ingredients into a stand mizer and blend until smooth.
And you are ready with the most delicious healthy treats ever.
Serves: 6 donuts
Serving size: 1
Saturated fat: 2.9g