What a beautiful day for a dessert right?
But a healthy one!
Today I made this super delicious quinoa apple pie kinda dessert, I call it apple pie bc it really tastes like that.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup cut up dates
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener ( or any other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish
- In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
- Sprinkle the apple and dates on top of the quinoa.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the almond milk and sweetener.
- Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir it
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top
- Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- And enjoy! Perfect for breakfast or dessert
I just made the most extraordinary dessert in my life. When I say dessert you should know I’m not talking about donuts or cookies 😉. It’s the middle of summer so all we need is something refreshing, delicious and sweet. Well this recipe combines all these characteristics in one. You can make it in less than 30 minutes, and it’s more simple as you imagine.
Here is the recipe.
For the base you will need:
1 cup almonds or walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
For the filling you will need:
2 cups of cashews soaked in water over night or at least for 6 hours
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 table spoon of cocoa butter
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Blend all base ingredients in a food processor until it sticks together. Press into base of a lined baking tin.
Blend all fillings ingredients (except raspberries) Ina high speed blender until smooth. Pour half onto base and put it in the freezer. Add raspberries to blender and blend until completely combined. Gently pour over top of filling. Put in freezer over night to set and you are done. You can decorate it with fresh raspberries, nuts, shredded coconut or with whatever you like.
It’s healthy, raw, delicious, with no added sugar or flour.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know if you try it out.
Have a great weekend:*