Hello dessert lover friends!
I am discovering that almost any dessert or food can be made healthy if we try our best. I love desserts, so I really try my best to make a healthy version of my favorite ones. Today I have for you a dairy free and sugar free creme brûlée, and believe me, it’s as good as the calorie bomb version of it.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sweetener of your choice
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat version)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine only the coconut cream from the can, you do not need the liquid!
- Stir in the vanilla extract and heat the pan over medium until it just starts to simmer. Once simmering, take off of heat, and let it cool down completely
- Mix together the egg yolks and the sweetener using a hand mixer. Whisk until the yolks start to get a cream color
- While whisking, pour the coconut mixture into the egg mixture and stir it slowly.
- Place four small creme brûlée containers into a baking tray that is filled with hot water
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or so, the consistency has to be like a pudding
- When they are done, place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- If you wants the real thing, put 1 tbs of sweetener on the top and torch the top with a kitchen torch, till it’s golden, but you can skip this step and serv it instead with fruits and some fruit syrup
What a beautiful day for a dessert right?
But a healthy one!
Today I made this super delicious quinoa apple pie kinda dessert, I call it apple pie bc it really tastes like that.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup cut up dates
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener ( or any other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish
- In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
- Sprinkle the apple and dates on top of the quinoa.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the almond milk and sweetener.
- Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir it
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top
- Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- And enjoy! Perfect for breakfast or dessert
I just made the most extraordinary dessert in my life. When I say dessert you should know I’m not talking about donuts or cookies 😉. It’s the middle of summer so all we need is something refreshing, delicious and sweet. Well this recipe combines all these characteristics in one. You can make it in less than 30 minutes, and it’s more simple as you imagine.
Here is the recipe.
For the base you will need:
1 cup almonds or walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
For the filling you will need:
2 cups of cashews soaked in water over night or at least for 6 hours
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 table spoon of cocoa butter
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Blend all base ingredients in a food processor until it sticks together. Press into base of a lined baking tin.
Blend all fillings ingredients (except raspberries) Ina high speed blender until smooth. Pour half onto base and put it in the freezer. Add raspberries to blender and blend until completely combined. Gently pour over top of filling. Put in freezer over night to set and you are done. You can decorate it with fresh raspberries, nuts, shredded coconut or with whatever you like.
It’s healthy, raw, delicious, with no added sugar or flour.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know if you try it out.
Have a great weekend:*