Hello my lovely readers!
I love sweets and cakes, but who doesn’t? Right? My job as a health and fitness trainer is to make these sweets we like so much, fit into our diet. Today I made one of my all time favorite desserts, a key lime cheese cake, the healthy version obviously. Has NO SUGAR, NO DAIRY, NO FLOUR, NO GLUTEN. It’s low in carbohydrates so it’s perfect for a low carb or ketogenic diet. But it also fits perfectly in a raw vegan diet too. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 5 tablespoons of melted coconut butter
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 cups of cashews (soak them over night)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup f coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- stevia or raw honey
For the crust:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process it until well combined
- Press the dough evenly into a pan and set aside.
For the filling:
- Using the food processor blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes
- Pour it on the crust gently
- Place the cheese cake in the freezer to set for about 2-3 hours
- Decorate it with lime zest and lime pieces.
I just made the most extraordinary dessert in my life. When I say dessert you should know I’m not talking about donuts or cookies 😉. It’s the middle of summer so all we need is something refreshing, delicious and sweet. Well this recipe combines all these characteristics in one. You can make it in less than 30 minutes, and it’s more simple as you imagine.
Here is the recipe.
For the base you will need:
1 cup almonds or walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
For the filling you will need:
2 cups of cashews soaked in water over night or at least for 6 hours
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 table spoon of cocoa butter
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Blend all base ingredients in a food processor until it sticks together. Press into base of a lined baking tin.
Blend all fillings ingredients (except raspberries) Ina high speed blender until smooth. Pour half onto base and put it in the freezer. Add raspberries to blender and blend until completely combined. Gently pour over top of filling. Put in freezer over night to set and you are done. You can decorate it with fresh raspberries, nuts, shredded coconut or with whatever you like.
It’s healthy, raw, delicious, with no added sugar or flour.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know if you try it out.
Have a great weekend:*