I have a super easy carrot cake recipe for you guys today. It’s healthy, whole food ingredients, vegan and gluten-free!
• 2 cups finely shredded carrots
• 2 cups packed pitted medjool dates
• 2 1/2 cups raw walnuts
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 3/4 tsp ground ginger
• 1 pinch nutmeg
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1 1/4 cup raw cashews
• 1/2 cup coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 3 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• For the frosting soak the cashews in hot water for 1-2 hours. Then rinse and drain. Add to a blender with coconut cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, and vanilla and blend on high until very creamy and smooth scraping side as needed.
Grate the carrots and set aside.
• To a large food processor, add the pitted dates and blend until a ball forms. Remove from food processor and set aside.
• Now add the walnuts, vanilla, salt, and spices. Blend until a semi-fine meal is achieved. Then add dates back in, along with shredded carrots, and blend until a loose dough forms and the carrots are just incorporated. Be careful not to over-blend. You’re looking for a pliable dough, not a purée.
• Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add coconut flour and raisins and stir to combine.
• Prepare a 7-9 inch springform pan (or large cake pan or an 8×8-baking dish with high edges) by adding parchment paper along the bottom and sides. Then add the cake mixture, and spread and press down evenly to pack.
• To serve, make sure the cake isn’t fully frozen so it’s soft enough to cut (letting it thaw on the counter for 30 minutes should help). Then use a hot knife to carefully cut out slices and enjoy. Garnish with more nuts, raisins, or other desired