Hello dessert lover friends!
I am discovering that almost any dessert or food can be made healthy if we try our best. I love desserts, so I really try my best to make a healthy version of my favorite ones. Today I have for you a dairy free and sugar free creme brûlée, and believe me, it’s as good as the calorie bomb version of it.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sweetener of your choice
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat version)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine only the coconut cream from the can, you do not need the liquid!
- Stir in the vanilla extract and heat the pan over medium until it just starts to simmer. Once simmering, take off of heat, and let it cool down completely
- Mix together the egg yolks and the sweetener using a hand mixer. Whisk until the yolks start to get a cream color
- While whisking, pour the coconut mixture into the egg mixture and stir it slowly.
- Place four small creme brûlée containers into a baking tray that is filled with hot water
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or so, the consistency has to be like a pudding
- When they are done, place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- If you wants the real thing, put 1 tbs of sweetener on the top and torch the top with a kitchen torch, till it’s golden, but you can skip this step and serv it instead with fruits and some fruit syrup
What a beautiful day for a dessert right?
But a healthy one!
Today I made this super delicious quinoa apple pie kinda dessert, I call it apple pie bc it really tastes like that.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup cut up dates
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener ( or any other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish
- In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
- Sprinkle the apple and dates on top of the quinoa.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the almond milk and sweetener.
- Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir it
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top
- Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- And enjoy! Perfect for breakfast or dessert
I have a very easy and delicious lunch idea for you guys. I made theese yesterday and it didn’t took me more than 30-35 minutes.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 small onion
- riced cauliflower (2 cups)
- handful of mushrooms
- 1 cup of black beans
- salt, pepper, red paprika, chili
- Dice the onions in small pieces, sauté them in avocado or coconut oil
- Cut the mushrooms in small pieces and add them to the onion
- add the cauliflower rice and sauté them all together on low heat
- meanwhile but the button part of the peppers, spray them with oil and outer them in the oven on medium heat
- when the onion, the mushroom and the cauliflower rice are saluted well add the canned black beans and the spices
- When the bell peppers are a little softened fill them with the sautéed veggies
- you can add some cheese on the top, if you are vegan than vegan rice or almond cheese and put them back in the oven and broil them for 5 more minutes
- Thaths is! Good appetite!
Hello my dears!
Fall is definitely here, low temperatures, leaves on the ground, lots of rain, yeah i know its a cliche but this is what it is.
So if its fall that mean everything pumpkin: pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin doughnuts and obviously pumpkin soup.
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1.5 kg (3 pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 litre water
- 400ml (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass and coriander roots and stalks. Cook until the stalks become soft before adding the pumpkin.
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add most of the chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves reserving some to garnish the soup.
- Return to a clean saucepan and add the coconut milk. Serve with shaved coconut, the remaining coriander (cilantro) leaves and chili.
Here you go, is this simple!
I have a delicious super healthy green smoothie for you today. It’s not that sweet, so if you like it more sweet you can add raw honey or stevia or any kind of sweetener you prefer.
- a head of celery
- 3 limes
- 2/2 cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
I firstly jused the celery and the cucumber and the lines and in a blender I blended all with the avocado.
Came out creamy and delicious. Try it out and let me know how you liked it!
As you can tell from the title of this article, I was for a little while in Barcelona (Spain). I have to tell you this city doesn’t just have gorgeous beaches, wonderful views and buildings, but the food there is absolutely amazing. In this article I will tell you about the best places to eat healthy and delicious food. Believe me we tried them all!
If you are planning a trip to Barcelona, you should be aware that time passes so fast, because of all the things you can do and visit, or just chill at a beach bar drinking some freshly made pina colada from fresh coconut milk and pineapple.
So let’s see which restaurants you should definitely try out if you are around.
1. The first place you need to visit is El Xalet de Montjuïc.This place is pure luxury because of its ambiance and fantastic views. The restaurant has a large panoramic terrace and a beautiful dining room from where the view is just spectacular. The dishes are mostly Mediterranean and Catalan, respecting the traditional flavours and fresh produce. I ate here a delicious appetizer: Hummus with crunchy vegetables, sesame seeds and crunchy king-prawns skewer. Than a Creamy rice with assorted mushrooms and we shared a delicious dessert called Lukewarm banana cake, foam of cheese and coconut, “toffee” syrup and a scoop of chocolate. Highly recommended 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montju%C3%AFc-El-Xalet/184997014849150?fref=ts
2. The second restaurant I recommend is Veg world India, a small Indian vegetarian restaurant. It’s not as luxurious as the first one, but the food is just amazing. If you are interested in eating healthy, tasty and spicy in a nice Indian ambiance, than you are in the perfect place. You must try the mango lassi drink, made of chilled full fat fresh curd/yoghurt, fresh chopped mango and a dash of ground cardamom. You also need to try the garlic or cheese nan and obviously some of their special indian dishes served with a delicious saffron rice. Their desserts are simple and fresh which is perfect after a spicy meal. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veg-World-India/119904694714707?fref=ts
3. The third place I recommend for you to visit is the WET pool and terrace. It’s a gorgeous and luxury place inside of the W hotel on the beach. This place is perfect to talk, sunbath and to eat and drink something delicious. We tried out some super tasty smoothies like the strawberry & banana, the mango & passion fruit but also some cocktails like the pineapple & ginger mojito. The food here really amazed us, we liked it so much, that the next day we went back and ordered the same things. I highly recommend the hot quinoa balls with a special spicy eggplant cream. We also ate some focaccia bread with 3 different kind of dips: guacamole, sour cream & cheddar cheese. Very highly recommended! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wet-Bar-W-Barcelona-Pool/220260974661567
4. The next restaurant you really need to try is the Wave. It’s also a luxurious place, with a great atmosphere and wonderful food. I really enjoyed this place, we tried out lots of great dishes and had a great night. From the starters menu I highly recommend the hummus and falafel with assorted vegetables, yoghurt, cucumber and lemon sauce. Served with pita bread. We also tried the strawberry gazpacho and the spinach ravioli with smoked vegetables sauce, pecorino cheese and tomato oil. And of course as I am on a vacation I like to try out new things, so I tried the delicious apple and cinnamon tatin, served with crumbled almonds and fresh cheese ice cream. Near the dinner we obviously drink sangria, the special Spanish drink. https://www.facebook.com/wbarcelonahotel
5. Another great place to eat if you really want something healthy and fast, Teresa Carles’s place is the best choice. They have so amazing fresh cold pressed juices, great appetizers, soups, main dishes and raw desserts. Yes it is like paradise. Everything is freshly made, you can choose between raw, raw vegan, vegan, gluten free or vegetarian. The waiters are super-fast, they take the orders fast and bring the food in no time. We actually came back to this place twice. We tried out a lots of food, so I leave you the online menu to decide for yourself. The vegan cheese and carrot cake though it was like heaven. http://www.teresacarles.com/tc/webroot/library/files/carta-oi14-15-eng.pdf
I could go on and on recommending nice and good restaurants where you can eat in Barcelona, because honestly there are lots of them, so I’ll stop here. If you want to stick to your diet and eat healthy you definitely can do that even if you are on a vacation.
I hope you enjoyed this article, see you very soon! 🙂