Hello dessert lover friends!
I am discovering that almost any dessert or food can be made healthy if we try our best. I love desserts, so I really try my best to make a healthy version of my favorite ones. Today I have for you a dairy free and sugar free creme brûlée, and believe me, it’s as good as the calorie bomb version of it.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sweetener of your choice
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat version)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine only the coconut cream from the can, you do not need the liquid!
- Stir in the vanilla extract and heat the pan over medium until it just starts to simmer. Once simmering, take off of heat, and let it cool down completely
- Mix together the egg yolks and the sweetener using a hand mixer. Whisk until the yolks start to get a cream color
- While whisking, pour the coconut mixture into the egg mixture and stir it slowly.
- Place four small creme brûlée containers into a baking tray that is filled with hot water
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or so, the consistency has to be like a pudding
- When they are done, place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- If you wants the real thing, put 1 tbs of sweetener on the top and torch the top with a kitchen torch, till it’s golden, but you can skip this step and serv it instead with fruits and some fruit syrup
What a beautiful day for a dessert right?
But a healthy one!
Today I made this super delicious quinoa apple pie kinda dessert, I call it apple pie bc it really tastes like that.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 apples, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup cut up dates
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener ( or any other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish
- In a small bowl, mix the uncooked quinoa with the spices. Pour into greased dish.
- Sprinkle the apple and dates on top of the quinoa.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the almond milk and sweetener.
- Pour the egg-and-milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir it
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top
- Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- And enjoy! Perfect for breakfast or dessert
I have a very easy and delicious lunch idea for you guys. I made theese yesterday and it didn’t took me more than 30-35 minutes.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 small onion
- riced cauliflower (2 cups)
- handful of mushrooms
- 1 cup of black beans
- salt, pepper, red paprika, chili
- Dice the onions in small pieces, sauté them in avocado or coconut oil
- Cut the mushrooms in small pieces and add them to the onion
- add the cauliflower rice and sauté them all together on low heat
- meanwhile but the button part of the peppers, spray them with oil and outer them in the oven on medium heat
- when the onion, the mushroom and the cauliflower rice are saluted well add the canned black beans and the spices
- When the bell peppers are a little softened fill them with the sautéed veggies
- you can add some cheese on the top, if you are vegan than vegan rice or almond cheese and put them back in the oven and broil them for 5 more minutes
- Thaths is! Good appetite!
Hello my dears!
Fall is definitely here, low temperatures, leaves on the ground, lots of rain, yeah i know its a cliche but this is what it is.
So if its fall that mean everything pumpkin: pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin doughnuts and obviously pumpkin soup.
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1.5 kg (3 pounds) butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 litre water
- 400ml (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat before adding the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass and coriander roots and stalks. Cook until the stalks become soft before adding the pumpkin.
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add most of the chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves reserving some to garnish the soup.
- Return to a clean saucepan and add the coconut milk. Serve with shaved coconut, the remaining coriander (cilantro) leaves and chili.
Here you go, is this simple!
I have a delicious super healthy green smoothie for you today. It’s not that sweet, so if you like it more sweet you can add raw honey or stevia or any kind of sweetener you prefer.
- a head of celery
- 3 limes
- 2/2 cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
I firstly jused the celery and the cucumber and the lines and in a blender I blended all with the avocado.
Came out creamy and delicious. Try it out and let me know how you liked it!
As you can tell from the title of this article, I was for a little while in Barcelona (Spain). I have to tell you this city doesn’t just have gorgeous beaches, wonderful views and buildings, but the food there is absolutely amazing. In this article I will tell you about the best places to eat healthy and delicious food. Believe me we tried them all!
If you are planning a trip to Barcelona, you should be aware that time passes so fast, because of all the things you can do and visit, or just chill at a beach bar drinking some freshly made pina colada from fresh coconut milk and pineapple.
So let’s see which restaurants you should definitely try out if you are around.
1. The first place you need to visit is El Xalet de Montjuïc.This place is pure luxury because of its ambiance and fantastic views. The restaurant has a large panoramic terrace and a beautiful dining room from where the view is just spectacular. The dishes are mostly Mediterranean and Catalan, respecting the traditional flavours and fresh produce. I ate here a delicious appetizer: Hummus with crunchy vegetables, sesame seeds and crunchy king-prawns skewer. Than a Creamy rice with assorted mushrooms and we shared a delicious dessert called Lukewarm banana cake, foam of cheese and coconut, “toffee” syrup and a scoop of chocolate. Highly recommended 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montju%C3%AFc-El-Xalet/184997014849150?fref=ts
2. The second restaurant I recommend is Veg world India, a small Indian vegetarian restaurant. It’s not as luxurious as the first one, but the food is just amazing. If you are interested in eating healthy, tasty and spicy in a nice Indian ambiance, than you are in the perfect place. You must try the mango lassi drink, made of chilled full fat fresh curd/yoghurt, fresh chopped mango and a dash of ground cardamom. You also need to try the garlic or cheese nan and obviously some of their special indian dishes served with a delicious saffron rice. Their desserts are simple and fresh which is perfect after a spicy meal. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veg-World-India/119904694714707?fref=ts
3. The third place I recommend for you to visit is the WET pool and terrace. It’s a gorgeous and luxury place inside of the W hotel on the beach. This place is perfect to talk, sunbath and to eat and drink something delicious. We tried out some super tasty smoothies like the strawberry & banana, the mango & passion fruit but also some cocktails like the pineapple & ginger mojito. The food here really amazed us, we liked it so much, that the next day we went back and ordered the same things. I highly recommend the hot quinoa balls with a special spicy eggplant cream. We also ate some focaccia bread with 3 different kind of dips: guacamole, sour cream & cheddar cheese. Very highly recommended! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wet-Bar-W-Barcelona-Pool/220260974661567
4. The next restaurant you really need to try is the Wave. It’s also a luxurious place, with a great atmosphere and wonderful food. I really enjoyed this place, we tried out lots of great dishes and had a great night. From the starters menu I highly recommend the hummus and falafel with assorted vegetables, yoghurt, cucumber and lemon sauce. Served with pita bread. We also tried the strawberry gazpacho and the spinach ravioli with smoked vegetables sauce, pecorino cheese and tomato oil. And of course as I am on a vacation I like to try out new things, so I tried the delicious apple and cinnamon tatin, served with crumbled almonds and fresh cheese ice cream. Near the dinner we obviously drink sangria, the special Spanish drink. https://www.facebook.com/wbarcelonahotel
5. Another great place to eat if you really want something healthy and fast, Teresa Carles’s place is the best choice. They have so amazing fresh cold pressed juices, great appetizers, soups, main dishes and raw desserts. Yes it is like paradise. Everything is freshly made, you can choose between raw, raw vegan, vegan, gluten free or vegetarian. The waiters are super-fast, they take the orders fast and bring the food in no time. We actually came back to this place twice. We tried out a lots of food, so I leave you the online menu to decide for yourself. The vegan cheese and carrot cake though it was like heaven. http://www.teresacarles.com/tc/webroot/library/files/carta-oi14-15-eng.pdf
I could go on and on recommending nice and good restaurants where you can eat in Barcelona, because honestly there are lots of them, so I’ll stop here. If you want to stick to your diet and eat healthy you definitely can do that even if you are on a vacation.
I hope you enjoyed this article, see you very soon! 🙂
Hello my dears! I wanted to write about a detox diet, or cleanse some time ago, first of all because a lots of my clients are asking me what is my opinion about it, is it ok to try it, is it safe, is it healthy. Second because I wanted to try it first and tell you my own experience. JUICEit made this experience possible.
They are a Company based in Bucharest. Their juices are 100% natural, cold pressed and delicious. All their ingredients are local, fresh and in season. The juices are made daily and sent for their clients all over the country in the next day. More info about the company here.
Firstly let’s see what a detox is.
A juice fast is a type of detox diet or cleanse that involves consuming raw vegetable and fruit juice and water for a short period of time. It is considered one of the more rapid methods of detoxification due to the reduced food intake and absence of solid food.
A typical juice fast lasts one to five days. Consultation with a health care professional is recommended, particularly for fasts lasting longer than three days or for anyone with a health condition.
Why do we need to detox?
The point of detoxing is to get rid of toxins from your body. Detoxes may shift you away from bad habits like too much coffee, alcohol, sugars and fatty foods, and help to adapt to healthier habits after you’re done
Benefits of juicing
A juice cleansing is a great way to give our bodies the break they deserve while also keeping ourselves energized and nutritionally sated. Juicing helps you absorb all the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables.
A few days of juicing can help you with
- It gives a glow to your skin
- Reduces cellulite
- help your digestive systems function
- boosts your energy level
- helps you with sugar cravings
- helps people with high blood pressure
First rule, before you start a detox diet, pay attention on what you eat 2-3 days before. Try to avoid fast foods, alcohol, sweets and coffee.
Rule nr 2. Consume only juices and water. I received 6 bottle of 500 ml each for the whole day of juicing. These juices are specially created to give your body the nutrients and vitamins for the whole day.
Rule nr. 3. Every morning before you start your day, drink a glass of water with fresh lemon juice. When you feel like snacking, drink a tea.
Rule nr.4. A detox plan can last from 1 day up to 5 days, but for a person who never did this kind of cleanse, they recommend the 3 day detox program. You will receive your 6 bottles, all of them will have a number on it (for you to know which one is next).
Rule nr.5. After you finish your detox plan, the company recommends to not to get back on an unhealthy lifestyle immediately. For the first 2 days after the detox try to eat as clean as possible, mostly salads and fruits.
JUICEit offered me the NEW YOU detox program and I have to tell you it was a great experience. Being a very active person, I work all day with my clients doing personal trainings and also teaching aerobic group classes I really need to nourish my body the best way possible.
My first juice components were: lemon, ginger, goji berries, cayenne pepper, agave syrup and filtered water. It was very spicy and energizing, perfect for the morning.
The next juice components: spinach, celery, cucumber, parsley, ginger, lemon and kale. I think this was the less tasty one of all, but I drink it without any problem.
The third juice: grapefruit, pineapple and mint. This one was one of my favorite. I adored this mix of flavors and I felt super fresh after. This was the drink before my aerobic classes.
The forth juice: spinach, pineapple, celery, cucumber, ginger, mint and kale. I had this drink during my classes. I have to tell you after this drink I felt super hungry. Maybe because I had 3 heavy classes, cardio, circuit and functional training. I think it’s normal to feel hungry. I have to admit I ate 2 kiwi fruits after the training.
The fifth juice ingredients: beetroot, carrots, apple and sea-buckthorns. After drinking this juice I still felt hungry, so I opened the 6 bottle. It was only 8 o clock in the night.
The last juice: cashew nuts, agave syrup, dates, vanilla powder, cinnamon, banana and filtered water. This was far the best tasting juice. It was like a banana ice cream shake.
In the night around 10 o clock I ate some baby carrots and green salad. I really tried to focus on and not to cheat on this one day of detox, but training so hard I think it made it almost impossible.
The day after I really felt energized, fresh and my belly was so flat, not that it won’t be flat all the time :)) hahaha
I recommend this program to everybody, who wants to recharge his/her batteries before spring is here. I definitely believe that you can lose weight by doing this program for 3 days, before an important event like a photo shoot or to fit in a nice dress or wedding or vacation.
Hope you liked this little review and you will try it yourself, I tell you it worth it! 🙂
Today I have for you my all time favourite snack recipe…. the PEANUT BUTTER. And when I say my favourite it means I really love it. I could eat peanut butter with almost everything…simply just with a spoon, with fruits, in shakes, with oatmeal, with frozen yoghurt or ricotta, on pancakes and so on 🙂
Unfortunately the peanut butter in the supermarkets is loaded with sugars, sweeteners, salt, hydrogenated vegetable oils, mono and diglycerides, maltodextrin, corn syrup and so on. So that kind of peanut butter can’t be called healthy for sure, it’s actually a caloric bomb!
The good news is that making home-made peanut butter is incredibly easy and takes less than 15 minutes.
Let’s see what you will need: 250- 300 gr of dry roasted peanuts and a power blender. That’s it yes! 🙂
- Throw the peanuts in your food processor
- Start running the processor and then just let it do its thing
- After 4-5 minutes the nuts are much more finely ground, and they’re starting to stick to the outside of the blender
- Stop your food processor and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl
- After another 3-4 minutes the butter will start clumping together. It’s not quite peanut butter, but it’s getting there!
- Continue processing the butter for 2-3 minutes more, until it becomes completely smooth.
- Transfer the peanut butter to storage container, and that’s it, the peanut butter can be used immediately.
Here are some variations if you want your peanut butter a little different:
- Honey: add 2 tablespoons of honey in to the finished peanut butter
- Cinnamon-Raisin: add ½ cup raisins + 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon + 2 tablespoons of honey into the finished peanut butter
- Crunchy: Pulse 1 cup of peanuts into the finished peanut butter for a crunchier texture.
Try it out! Enjoy! :*
I have a little tip for you today, on how to make your own almond (peanut,cashew or any kind of nut) butter.
The ones from the stores are loaded with sugar, vegetable oil, salt and preservatives. You don’t need that stuff!!
It is so simple to make it, that you will be amazed! 🙂
How to do it:
- Silk your natural unsalted almonds (2-3 cups) overnight
- Place them in the food processor and start to process
- After 10 minutes it starts to stick to the side of your blender, so stop for a while and mix it with a spatula
- Process it again for about 10 more minutes, till it starts to be like a cream
- At the end you can add if you want a little honey, vanilla or cinnamon.
And here you go, your almond butter is ready. You can eat it with apple slices, you can make smoothies with bananas and almond butter, almond butter granola bars, flour less almond butter healthy cookies and so on.